The Iron Dog is heavily dependent on volunteers who truly make the race and events possible. We are always on the lookout for good people who share our enthusiasm for the race, Alaska communities and helping out. Sign up today!
RACE EVENT MANAGER
The Director has some big ideas for improving the overall look, feel and organization of the ceremonies at the Start and Finish of the race. We’re looking for a committed volunteer (or more) to take the lead on implementing this vision. The ideal volunteer can organize their own core team to help put the plans together and work with a larger team of volunteers to implement the setup at Big Lake, (maybe Nome) and in Fairbanks. In this role, you’ll get to make a highly visible contribution to making the Iron Dog look great for the public, the racers and live TV. From hanging banners to building stages and scaffolding, this is a mix of design and implementation…so you’ll need to have some “vision” for making events look amazing!
- Planning the layout (floorplan) for the race events.
- Coordinating vision, budget and implementation with direction from the Executive Director.
- Organizing setup crews and directing activities of volunteers.
- Manage the on-site setup of the race chute, banners, paddock area, signage, fencing and everything else related to setting up the event.
- Responsible for the final look and feel of the Iron Dog branding, sponsor recognition and overall appearance of our largest events.
Send email to email@example.com for more information.
More roles coming…
- OFFICIAL CHECKERS
- TRAIL BREAKERS
- HOSPITALITY MANAGER
- SETUP CREW MEMBERS
- SALES AND GREETER VOLUNTEERS
Have another idea of how you can help out? Send us a note.