The 2014 Iron Dog race weekend begins Friday, February 14, 2014 at Big Lake and runs through Sunday with the Official Start of the Pro Class.
Friday, February 14th: Trail Class Start Schedule of Events
- 8:30-9:30 am | Trail Class teams starting showing up and getting ready.
- 10:00 am | Trail teams start rolling out.
- 11:00 am | Sponsors and vendors setup for the Saturday events and position for the Pro Class race on Sunday.
Iron Dog Weekend: Big Lake Winter Fest
- Now in it’s 3rd year. Come to Big Lake and spend the day enjoying freestyle snowmobile shows, concerts, demos, etc.
- More information here: biglakewinterfest.com
Sunday, February 16th: Pro Class Start Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am | RACE TEAMS must be parked on the ice and start unloading. (parking area closes, don’t be late!)
- 10:00 am | RACE TEAMS MUST BE POSITIONED in the race pit.
- 10:40 am | Color Guard, National Anthem and announcements.
- 10:55 am | First team at Start Line.
- 11:00 am | First Green Flag drops and continues in two-minute intervals until the race field is on the course.
- 1:45 pm | AMMC’s Iron Pup Kids Races
Getting to the Start
South Port Marina, Big Lake, Alaska
- Easy to find. Ice road entrance is right next to the marina.
- Just follow the Rockstar Energy Drink signs!
See you at the Start!